This week has been pretty horrible so far, work has been incredibly stressful and warm and it really doesn’t help that the excessive heat warning keeps extending in AZ. At work I was told they didn’t appreciate my “snappy” attitude. To my knowledge, I didn’t have one but I took a deep breath and apologized anyway. There are some battles worth fighting but this, in my eyes, wasn’t one of them. Once I got home, I put in my headphones and mindlessly scrolled through Pinterest.
Yesterday, after I left work early, I decided to use my free time to write a few blog post. I have a lot of ideas, it’s just the actual writing of it that proves difficult. Anyways I figured I would share my top 5 ways to de-stress or in other words, cure a “snappy” attitude.
Whether fast and uplifting or slow and calm, the point is to forget your stress and just focus on the music. (Check out my “Music Monday” post for some suggestions. “Ground Control” by All Time Low is quite amazing.)
2. Watch a Movie:
Any movie that you can mindlessly watch without overthinking is the best kind. My go to’s are Jurassic Park, Jurassic World, Jaws or pretty much any Disney movie.
3. Treat yourself
Sit down or go out and enjoy your favorite treat just for you. Don’t go overboard, unless you want to, up to you. My treat always has something with chocolate.
Nothing super strenuous, sometimes when you stress workout, you stress out your body which is not good. Sometimes just taking a nice walk does the trick.
When all else fails, just take a bath or shower and just go to bed.
If you have any other ways to beat stress, please share!
Have a great day!
I hope this Monday finds you all well and happy! Last week was all sorts of stupid, work issues, messed up schedules, starting a new adventure (one I’m really excited about) and a rather stressful cookie order/pick-up. I won’t go into detail but I really really really hope this week goes better. To kind of share what I’ve been up to, last weekend I did a quick trip to California with my family for my little sister’s birthday, last Monday my mom and I got an order on our Etsy store. Then this passed weekend, on Saturday I got fitted for “fancy” running shoes, not really fancy just way more appropriate for the type of training I will be starting very soon. I ended up with Brooks Ghost 9’s and I’m very excited about that, considering I’m now a Brooks endorsed runner. Please save the congratulations, anyone can become one. After getting the shoes, I went shopping with my sisters then with my mom. Then on Sunday, father’s day, we made breakfast for my dad, then took him to see Cars 3, review coming soon, then dinner at a local Mexican food restaurant.
So busy and sometimes irritated but overall good times on my end. I thought we could try something new this Monday, probably won’t be every Monday but just a fun little feature. The title kind of gives it away, Music Monday, where I share my Top 5 songs (of the week or month) and hopefully you’ll share yours!
So without further ado, here are my top 5 of this week:
- “Ground Control (Feat. Tegan and Sara)”- Artist: All Time Low Album: Last Young Renegade
- “Believer”-Artist: Imagine Dragons
- “Barcelona”-Artist: Ed Sheeran Album: Divide
- “Rejects”-Artist: 5 Seconds Of Summer
- “Life Changes” -Artist: Good Charlotte
I hope you all have been doing well so far this week. It has been crazy busy for me, so much so, I can’t remember what I did Monday, haha! On Tuesday we celebrated my little sister’s 17th birthday. We went to Top Golf for the first in Scottsdale, we weren’t really sure what to expect but we had a really great time. We can’t wait to go back!
Anyways, today is National Pick Your Poison Day, not literal poison. Most of the time it’s referring to alcohol but that’s not what I’m talking about today. It is open to any interpretation when it comes to making decisions. Below you will find two of my favorite guilty pleasure recipes, my poison if you will. And you will, you guessed it, pick your poison.
Cookies ‘n’ Crème Krispies
- 1/4 Cup (1/2 Stick) Unsalted Butter
- One 10 oz. Package Marshmallows
- 5 Cups Puffed Rice Cereal
- 2 1/2 Cups Crème Filled Chocolate cookies, cut into quarters
- Spray a 9×13 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a large nonstick saucepan over low heat until melted. Add the marshmallows and continue cooking, stirring until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the cereal and cookies and stir gently just until mixed to avoid breaking up the cookies any further.
- Press mixture evenly into prepared pan. Cool completely until set, about 20 minutes, before cutting into 3×3 1/4 inch bars.
Death By Chocolate Brownies
- 1/2 Cup Salted Butter
- 8 oz. Coarsely Chopped Semisweet Chocolate
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs, Cold
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks or Chocolate Chips
- Melt the butter and chopped chocolate in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, pour into a large bowl, and allow to slightly cool for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Line bottom of an 11×7-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on all sides. Set aside.
- Stir sugar into the cooled chocolate/butter mixture. Add in the eggs one at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition. Whisk in the vanilla. Gently fold in the flour and salt, then the chocolate chunks until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 37-45 minutes, or until the brownies begin to pull away from the edges of the pan.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack. Lift the foil out of the pan using the overhang on the sides, and cut into squares. The brownies will stay fresh in an airtight container at room temp for 1 week
The Only Bake Sale Cookbook You’ll Ever Need
Wolf, Goldrich, Laurie and Brams, Pam. The Only Bake Sale Cookbook You’ll Ever Need. New York, NY. 2008. Print
Sally’s Baking Addiction
McKenney, Sally. Sally’s Baking Addiction: Irresistible Cookies, Cupcakes & Desserts For Your Sweet Tooth Fix. New York, NY: Race Point. 2014. Print.