I hope you all have been doing well so far this week. It has been crazy busy for me, so much so, I can’t remember what I did Monday, haha! On Tuesday we celebrated my little sister’s 17th birthday. We went to Top Golf for the first in Scottsdale, we weren’t really sure what to expect but we had a really great time. We can’t wait to go back!
Anyways, today is National Pick Your Poison Day, not literal poison. Most of the time it’s referring to alcohol but that’s not what I’m talking about today. It is open to any interpretation when it comes to making decisions. Below you will find two of my favorite guilty pleasure recipes, my poison if you will. And you will, you guessed it, pick your poison.
Cookies ‘n’ Crème Krispies
- 1/4 Cup (1/2 Stick) Unsalted Butter
- One 10 oz. Package Marshmallows
- 5 Cups Puffed Rice Cereal
- 2 1/2 Cups Crème Filled Chocolate cookies, cut into quarters
- Spray a 9×13 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a large nonstick saucepan over low heat until melted. Add the marshmallows and continue cooking, stirring until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the cereal and cookies and stir gently just until mixed to avoid breaking up the cookies any further.
- Press mixture evenly into prepared pan. Cool completely until set, about 20 minutes, before cutting into 3×3 1/4 inch bars.
Death By Chocolate Brownies
- 1/2 Cup Salted Butter
- 8 oz. Coarsely Chopped Semisweet Chocolate
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs, Cold
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks or Chocolate Chips
- Melt the butter and chopped chocolate in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, pour into a large bowl, and allow to slightly cool for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Line bottom of an 11×7-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on all sides. Set aside.
- Stir sugar into the cooled chocolate/butter mixture. Add in the eggs one at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition. Whisk in the vanilla. Gently fold in the flour and salt, then the chocolate chunks until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 37-45 minutes, or until the brownies begin to pull away from the edges of the pan.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack. Lift the foil out of the pan using the overhang on the sides, and cut into squares. The brownies will stay fresh in an airtight container at room temp for 1 week
The Only Bake Sale Cookbook You’ll Ever Need
Wolf, Goldrich, Laurie and Brams, Pam. The Only Bake Sale Cookbook You’ll Ever Need. New York, NY. 2008. Print
Sally’s Baking Addiction
McKenney, Sally. Sally’s Baking Addiction: Irresistible Cookies, Cupcakes & Desserts For Your Sweet Tooth Fix. New York, NY: Race Point. 2014. Print.